[Dnsmasq-discuss] Weird Routing/FW/dnsmasq problem

Dan Shechter DanS at GoNetworks.com
Mon Oct 31 11:42:20 GMT 2005

Yes, I totally agree, although I know for a fact that these packets are
not dropped by iptables, since I've written an explicit rule to ACCEPT
them.
I've basically done a:
"iptables -t filter -A INPUT -p udp --dport 67 -s ! 192.168.100.0/24 -j
ACCEPT"
And I can verify using "iptables -L -n -v -t filter" that this rule in
the
FW chains is being hit upon using the packet counters.

My problem seems to be related more to routing.
A possible fix to this situation is for example to configure an
Additional device:
"ifconfig eth2:0 up 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0"
This command alone, allows dnsmasq to "see" the packets and return a
broadcast NAK.

	Shechter.

REQUEST