[Dnsmasq-discuss] grub-net support

Sergey Spiridonov sena at hurd.homeunix.org
Mon Jan 9 11:33:21 GMT 2006

Hi

Short question : dhcpd has special options for grub-net[1] support, like

option grub-config code 150 = text;
option grub-config "(nd)/grubconfig";

This allows to use grub-net for remote boot. Is there grub-net support
in dnsmasq?

1.
http://debian.jones.dk/hykrion/pool-etch/sid-jones/grub/grub-net_0.95+cvs20040624-17.0.jones.1_all.deb

Long explanation : I used Debian and lessdisks + dnsmasq for remote
boot. Recently I wanted to switch to kernel-2.6.14-2, because of new
hardware.

2.6.14 requires to use new "yaird" instead of "mkinitrd". Yaird produces
initrd which can be loaded only by grub-net. In grub-net package I found
example (see below) for dhcp3 server in
/usr/share/doc/grub-net/examples/dhcpd.conf.

There is now example for dnsmasq. I find nothing in documentaion/FAQ. Is
there any way to add support for grub-net in dnsmasq?

This is an example for dhcp3 server which I found in grub-net package:

# Example dhcp3 fragment

# GRUB (Grand Unified Boot Loader)
option grub-configfile  code 150 = text;

class "grub-hosts" {
        match pick-first-value (option dhcp-client-identifier, hardware);

        server-name                     "bootserver.example.com";
        next-server                     192.168.102.252;        # IP of
TFTP server (only needed if separate from DHCP server)
#       option tftp-server-name         "192.168.102.252";      # same
as (or similar to) next-server above (not tested)
        option                          dhcp-max-message-size 2048;
        option grub-configfile          "(nd)/grub-menu.lst";

        if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient" {
                filename        "pxegrub-via-rhine";
        } else {
                filename        "nbgrub-via-rhine";
        }