[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: DNSmasq should warn when using unsupported dhcp option

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Tue Mar 28 13:05:25 BST 2006

> Did your DHCP client ask for the value of option 252?  Look for
> "requested options" in the DHCPDISCOVER and DHCPREQUEST packets. Most
> likely it isn't asking, which is why it doesn't get send. Windows often
> asks for WPAD info later, using a DHCPINFORM request. I assume that is
> generated by the browser, not the networking subsystem.
	I'm not too sure about the DHCP stuff, but I know that in Win2K, under
the Internet Explorer, Connections, LAN Settings, the option
Automatically detect settings must be ticketed.  Which, if I remember
correctly, only does the DHCP request stuff when the browser is lunched.

	Hope that helps.

Mailed
Lee