[Dnsmasq-discuss] reply /etc/hosts entry matching to interface

Matt Hull mhull1 at uic.edu
Thu Apr 6 20:48:45 BST 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Joerg Habenicht wrote:

> The /etc/hosts looks like this:
> # intern net:
> 192.168.2.1     minime.mydomain.lan        minime
> # DMZ net:
> 192.168.1.1     minime.mydomain.lan        minime
> 192.168.1.2     jarrel.mydomain.lan        jarrel

doesnt dnsmasq do the look-ups on the local net that it assigned ip's to ?
i dont have any ip's like that listed in my etc/host and dnsmasq returns
the ip of the machine.  why do you have the ip's in ext/host ? also i only
have one interface.  i was going to separate wired and wireless but just
kept it on one subnet (using wpa-psk)

matt