[Dnsmasq-discuss] trouble building 2.28 on openbsd-current

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Tue Apr 18 11:41:34 BST 2006

Tom Hensel wrote:
> hi masqies,
>
> version 2.27 built fine on my openbsd box while 2.28 does not.
>
> OpenBSD 3.9-current (SVAHA) #2: Fri Apr  7 18:06:57 GMT 2006
>
> --snip--
> cc -O2 -DNO_GETTEXT `../bld/pkg-wrapper pkg-config --cflags dbus-1`
> -Wall -W -c bpf.c
> bpf.c: In function `iface_enumerate':
> bpf.c:195: error: `SIOCGIFINDEX' undeclared (first use in this function)
> bpf.c:195: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> bpf.c:195: error: for each function it appears in.)
> bpf.c:204: error: structure has no member named `ifr_index'
> bpf.c:221: error: structure has no member named `ifr_index'
> --snap--
>
> i did check the openbsd-current changelog but it looks like
> no changes happened to anything bpf-related recently.
>
> thanks for you help in advance.

It looks like this comes from changes in dnsmasq, rather than changes in
OpenBSD. I have a FreeBSD 6.0 installation which I use for testing, but
not an OpenBSD one. Looks like I got caught out by a difference....

The fix should be quite easy, I'll get some code to you later today.

As a list-general heads-up, there have been a couple of problems with
2.28 of this nature - if it's working, it's fine, but if your
config/platform has broken, it's unusable. Therefore expect a 2.29
release in a few days just to tie up the loose ends.