[Dnsmasq-discuss] Host names not shown in dnsmasq.lease

Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org
Tue Jun 20 09:24:19 BST 2006

Hello Davide,

Monday, June 19, 2006, 1:58:53 PM, you wrote:

DF> Every  phone  moreover is configured to send it's name to the dhcp
DF> server,     but     this     name     is    not    reflected    in
DF> /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.lease file...

I  also  have one of these phones, but I have never looked at the dhcp
configuration and if hostname gets sent to dhcp server.

My phone does not send its hostname, or at least it does not work with
ISC  DHCP  server  V3, because I don't get the hostname in dhcp leases
file, too.

You could try to sniff the dhcp trafic by using tcpdump or ethereal on
the  dhcp  server, and see if the phone sends its hostname in the dhcp
handshake.

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi