[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhchp works, dns doesn't

Ty Mixon tymanthius at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 16:23:04 BST 2006

My first question is:  Where can I search the list archives?  I looked
around, but didn't see it.

Second question:

I have dnsmasq set up on Ubuntu Server (ftcent hostname) to provide ip's to
2 of my pc's (kidsputer & edubuntu are thier hostnames) thru a dumb switch.
 But, if I'm sitting at either of the 3 pc's and try to ping by hostname it
returns 'unknown host'.

One exception.  At kidsputer if I ping ftcent it pings 127.0.0.1 localhost.
 Didn't try it at edubuntu.

As I eventually want to move print serveing, authentication, and myriad
other things to this server, I really would like to get dns working.

Thanks for any help.

Ty