[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS isnt resolved on LAN

Tomi ashrack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 17:30:36 BST 2006

if I add the following line to 'resolv.conf' as the first line then I can
ping computers on the LAN by their hostname:
"nameserver 127.0.0.1"
but if that line isnt there, than I can only ping them by their IP number.
My problem arrives when I disconnect and connect to my ADSL ISP.
Since I use PPPOE I must type this to connect to my internet:
"pon dsl-provider"
but then the 'resolv.conf' gets overwritten by the 2 DNS servers of my ISP.
And since the line 'nameserver 127.0.0.1' is no more in 'resolv.conf' the
DNS resolution doesnt work anymore.
How can I fix this??

ps. Am using DNSMASQ 2.25 and I've set up my PPPOE ADSL connection with
PPPOECONF