[Dnsmasq-discuss] how to set dhcp to give subnet 255.255.255.255 ??

dny mail2dny at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 03:54:38 BST 2006

On 7/12/06, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:
> dny wrote:
> > is there a way i can setup dhcp to give ip to users with subnet
> > 255.255.255.255 ???
> >
> > i want to set this for my wifi network,
> > so that all users cannot connect to other users.
> > all they allow is to access to the internet gateway.
> >
> > i have gprs connection to operator that gives me private ip with this subnet and
> > my ip is also the gateway. so it only allow us connect to the internet.
> >

> > how can i implement this?
> >

> It's not clear exactly what you want to do, but my guess is that you
> want clients to be given a netmask of 255.255.255.255, so that all
> traffic goes via the default route.
>
> In that case, adding
>
> dhcp-option=1,255.255.255.255
>
> should  work. 1 is the DHCP option number for the netmask DHCP option,
> and setting this explicitly will override that default value which
> dnsmasq sends otherwise.
>

> HTH
>
> Simon

yes that's what i want.
after this, will client still be able to connect to internet?

rgds,
dny

--- http://bloglines.com/public/bacaan --- harini udah baca blom?

... they look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand. Mat 13:13
... but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.   Mat 15:11