[**SPAM**] Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] ipconfig /registerdns and split DNS

Joe.Kelly joe.kelly at cbconstantini.com
Fri Dec 8 16:01:07 GMT 2006

Thanks for your reply Simon.

> Use server=/<domain>/<server> to forward the domain in
> question to a DNS
> server which supports dynamic-DNS. dnsmasq should have no problems
> _forwarding_ DNS-update requests, even if it cannot act on them.

I'm already using that setting. dnsmasq successfully forwards DNS LOOKUP
requests for <domain> to <server>, but it does not seem to forward DNS
REGISTRATION requests for <domain> to <server>. I haven't yet hooked
tcpdump to verify this but since the host is not registered at <server>,
I assume the registration request is not being forwarded.