[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq for DNS, wrt54gs for DHCP

Tom Meyer tom76017 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 22:46:10 GMT 2007

I've configured my small network to use dnsmasq for DNS resolution from a
Debian Linux host.  Works great.

My servers are hard coded in the /etc/hosts table.  The rest of the clients
(WinXP) are served (DHCP) IP addresses from my Linksys appliance.  The
Linksys appliance is reliable, and my gateway to Internet, so I'd prefer not
use the DHCP capabilities from dnsmasq.

Unfortunately the DHCP clients don't resolve from dnsmasq.  Can dnsmasq be
configured to bind to the remote Linksys device?

Tom