[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq for DNS, wrt54gs for DHCP

Tom Meyer tom76017 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 15:21:21 GMT 2007

My dnsmasq is running on a Debian Kuro-box, basically providing Samba
servers.  In the past several years I've experienced hard drive failures,
hard drive upgrades, reboot failures, and various other annoyances that
require "tweaking" on the Linux server (ntpd, rsync backup, user rights
management, etc).  Net result is that the Linksys is up 99.9999% of the time
and the Linux box is up about 98.5% of the time.  Bottom line is I have more
confidence in the Linksys box than the Linux box for availability, and I
view email services as a higher priority than file share.

Tom

  _____