[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp problems wirh lease time after reload

Peter Katzmann p.katzmann at thiesen.com
Tue Jan 30 11:31:51 GMT 2007

Hello,
i examined the following behavior with the lease time.
When i reload my settings in dnsmaqs it seems that any changes in lease
time will be ignored.
Only when i restart dnsmasq will send the correct lease time.

I have a
dhcp-range=192.168.2.50,192.168.2.150,10m
for all unknown clients and have some static entrys like
dhcp-host=pet,infinite.

At my first try i had dhcp-host=pet and i saw a request every 10 minutes
as configured in dhcp-range.
Then i added the infinite entry and said reload but nothing changed.

After restart it works ok.

peter