[Dnsmasq-discuss] Two DNSMasqs on a LAN

Richard Bailey rmjb at mail.com
Sun Feb 11 15:20:34 GMT 2007

Hello, first of all, great program here, it really is (almost) everything a
small LAN would need.

I have DNSMasq running on my file server also handling DHCP. My OpenWRT
router also has DNSMasq running, so I've set two DNS servers in the dhcp
configuration to send to clients. Is there a way for the second DNSMasq, i.e.
the one that is not handling DHCP, to be aware of the dhcp leases done by
the first? This would be handy if the first were down for a short time,
other clients on the LAN would still be able to resolve each other's
addresses.

- Richard