[Dnsmasq-discuss] Setting up DNS with DHCP (fwd)

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Fri Feb 16 21:44:49 GMT 2007

Hello

I managed to get dnsmasq running, well atleast the dhcp protion,  last
night in 20 mintues.  Great piece of
software thank you.  I have noticed though that the only way for it to
work was to point each client DNS requests to my router 192.168.0.200
which acts as the interface to my ISP.  not to my dnsmasq server.
The server running dnsmasq at 192.168.0.1. the contents of the
/etc/resolv.conf file is:
nameserver 192.168.0.200

I can't seem to get the internal dns setup to work properly.  When I point
the dns requests to dnsmasq server no internal nor external requests are
completed.  I have a feeling that there is a setup issue with dnsmasq but
not quite sure where to look.

I know that in a previous version of dnsmasq, I would be able to see the
client names and their associated IP aderesses, but I can't seem to find
this file anymore.

Any help in this setup would be appreciated.

Philippe