[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: Simple config question (I hope)

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Thu Mar 1 19:44:25 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: AJ Weber
To: Gilles Espinasse
Cc: dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: Simple config question (I hope)

> Yes, the box-in-question is actually a modified IPCop/Copfilter box.
>
> So it occurred to me that it's possible there's a iptable rule to prohibit
dhcp requests, but I don't
>  know why we'd have one on the DMZ network.  Any ideas on an easy way to
check?  (I
>  looked in the web-front-end, but there's nothing apparent there.)

IPCop is easy when use as intented. It is not a general purpose
configuration.
It become more and more difficult when you attempt to do with it something
that was restricted for good reasons at the origin.

ORANGE zone is intentend to be a DMZ (open to internal and external
networks).
Unless you intend to be a ISP serving IP to the word wild web, you never
want to serve dhcp requests coming from internet.
There is rules in rc.firwall that accept dhcp request from RED when RED is
set to use dhcp.
There is no rules that accept dhcp request from ORANGE unless you write
them.

Gilles