[Dnsmasq-discuss] Problems with DHCP and 2.38

Davide Ferrari davide.ferrari at atrapalo.com
Tue Mar 20 10:34:11 GMT 2007

Hello

yesterday I upgraded dnsmasq from older 2.31 to the newest 2.38, and this
morning I noticed several problems with DHCP assignments.
There were tons of "DHCPNAK no leases left" referred to DHCPREQUEST from
clients while:
- /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.lease didn't contain said IP
- ping/arping to that IP showed that IP was free
- dhcp range in dnsmasq.conf was greater than "cat dnsmasq.lease |wc -l"

Now I am back to 2.31, I deleted the old dnsmasq.lease and now DHCP seems to
work again well.
I can't understand what happened here...

--
Davide Ferrari
System Administrator