[Dnsmasq-discuss] segfaults in 2.39 after a while

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Mon Jun 18 20:55:59 BST 2007

Simon Kelley (simon at thekelleys.org.uk) wrote on 17 June 2007 17:21:
 >Carlos Carvalho wrote:
 >> Simon Kelley (simon at thekelleys.org.uk) wrote on 17 June 2007 09:17:
 >>  >The next release will go further and have the ability to
 >>  >(re-)read a file which can contain complete dhcp-host type machine
 >>  >information. That allows on-the-fly update of tags, client-id and lease
 >>  >times, as well as MAC/IP address.
 >>
 >> Good! I won't have to stop/start it whenever a machine changes. Any
 >> test release out there? :-)
 >>

 >Yes:
 >
 >http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/test-releases/dnsmasq-2.40test12.tar.gz
 >
 >has this code: see the --dhcp-hostsfile switch.

Unfortunately that's not enough :-( :-( It only allows one to read
dhcp-host declarations but it's also necessary to allow dhcp-option
specifications. My dhcp-hosts file consists of a series of

dhcp-host=name,MAC,id:*,net:name
dhcp-option=name,vl7,3,router-ip
some other options

Allowing changes to the host declaration only is somewhat restrictive...

Also I'd need to re-read addn-hosts, like it's done with /etc/hosts.

I also change the dpch-range's...