[Dnsmasq-discuss] Adding a redundant dnsmasq server

Richard Crane craner at haskins.yale.edu
Wed Jun 27 18:11:47 BST 2007

Once again the question of a simple backup/redundant dnsmasq system
has come up. These are internal IP so we have plenty of address space.
  Is there  a simple way to run two instances of dnsmasq doing dhcp
serving for the same range, without their stepping on each other?
Our population of clients is about 45 that are active almost every
day, and another  20-40 that show up from a couple of times a week to
a few days per quarter.  Is it worth getting the MAC addresses of the
"permanent" systems and specifically assigning an IP with a dhcp-host
statement?  Then why not give them static addresses?

Comments?

Richard Crane
-------
Haskins Laboratories / (203) 865-6163 X 275 /  FAX (203) 865-8963
300 George Street/New Haven, CT 06511