[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq and zombies

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jul 2 12:45:29 BST 2007

Hi folks,

after my lastest dnsmasq upgrade (to 2.38 on FreeBSD 6.1) I noticed the
following strange behaviour:
dnsmasq leaves a zombie process for each and every IP it delivers via
dhcp. I didn't recognize this until several weeks after the update when
the process list of the dhcp-server was full. I got to work around the
problem by downgrading to an previous version, which is running fine. I
cannot exactly tell when this behaviour was introduced, but I has happened
between 2.23 (working fine) and 3.36 (broken).
Did anyone else see this? What can I do to help fixing the problem?

cu
  Gerrit