[Dnsmasq-discuss] GPL v3

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Tue Sep 11 16:23:22 BST 2007

I'm not an attorney, and I didn't "stay in a Holiday Inn last night".  But I've primarily heard the same arguments against adopting v3 licensed code.  They seem to have overstepped their bounds with this version and many echo the same sentiment that it will slow the great momentum that open-source has really built-up.

So, given that I've heard it from multiple people who specialize in that field, I have to agree that remaining with v2 would be highly preferable to me.  I frankly don't know enough about it to understand that if you gave people the choice between using the v2 license and the v3 license, why one would choose v3.

Thanks for the continued great work!
-AJ