[Dnsmasq-discuss] Support for DHCP option 125

Wed Sep 19 20:34:14 BST 2007

On 9/18/2007, xerces8 (xerces8 at butn.net) wrote:
> Simple : Do not do any changes to a working system, except the really
> necessary ones.
>
> This is so in any serious system.

Of course, I agree that you shouldn't just update willy nilly for no
reason at all, but when there is a *reason* - like, for example,
something is getting really *dated* - then by all means - stay up to
date. Of course, this requires you to test things, and be prepared to
downgrade if something breaks badly.

So, I guess it is more a question of what you consider 'really
necessary'. Personally, I don't ever let my servers get out of date -
ever. But running Gentoo, it is much easier to keep a server completely
up to date - and/or roll back if desired.

--

Best regards,

Charles