[Dnsmasq-discuss] Return an address if unable to resolve?

Doug Moeller dmoeller at pobox.com
Thu Oct 18 05:26:18 BST 2007

Does anyone know if there is a way to have dnsmasq return a predefined
address if it was unable to resolve the name via the DNS servers defined
in /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf ?

Basically I want it to return the address of the localhost if it's
unable to resolve the name.   For my application this would be the case
when the box running dnsmasq is unable to get to the internet,   but I'd
like to redirect them to a local web page where I can explain why the
Internet link might be down and offer some troubleshooting tips.

Any hints or alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Doug