[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-option=121 doesn't seem to work

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Wed Dec 19 17:00:28 GMT 2007

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> I also
> added it to dnsmasq.conf like
>
> dhcp-option=<client-ip>,33,<target-network>,<gateway-ip>

Wrong syntax: you can't put the client-ip there. If you want to send
options to certain hosts only, you need to use tags. Sorry, should have
spotted that in your first message.

> Do you know which dhcp client should support 121? I'm using dhclient ATM,
> maybe it was dhcpcd that you meant? Or is it only supported in testing /
> experimental Debian branches?

dhcpcd doesn't support it, I think. dhclient can be made to, with
sufficiently clever scripting. See:

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2006q1/000621.html

for the last time this came up.