[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP request not getting to dnsmasq

Robin Atwood robin at binro.org
Sun Dec 23 14:45:58 GMT 2007

This is probably something stupid but I am new at dnsmasq. I have the DNS
function working well but wanted to run DHCP as well, for the laptops and
PDAs in the house. Dnsmasq is running on a server which is plugged directly
into an ADSL WiFi router, which is the gateway. When I activate the interface
on a laptop, it connects over the WLAN to the router but when dhcpcd runs, it
just times-out. The router is not running DHCP. I thought the DHCP client
searched the LAN for a server but nothing appears in the dnsmasq logging. The
firewall rules look Ok, so what have I overlooked?

TIA
Robin.
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling