[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP request not getting to dnsmasq

Robin Atwood robin at binro.org
Tue Dec 25 13:30:01 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 25 Dec 2007, you wrote:
> > > do you have any iptables rules active?
> >
> > Oh yes! But anything is accepted on the 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 sub-net.
> > We can see the bootp packet is getting through to my server.
>
> Don't know if any iptables rule can get between tcpdump and an
> application...

Ok, I have fixed it! :) I put in an explicit iptables rule for dport=bootps
and protocol=udp and it all sprang into life. Anyone know why the rule

-A block -s 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 -j ACCEPT

was not sufficient? It works for all the other protocols.

Thanks to everyone who responded, particularly Guennadi who got my brain
turning over. Now for Christmas dinner!

-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling