[Dnsmasq-discuss] some ip6 question

Gergely Gábor elentirmo.gilgalad at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:22:29 GMT 2008

Hello fellow dnsmasq users, and devels!

I'm a happy user of dnsmasq, I use it for dns forwarding, and ip resolving at home.
I have only one problem, that is quite annoying:

i set up several ips in /etc/hosts, ans use thy -y option, to localise queries. this has only one problem, altought the server

127.0.0.1 enyergija
::1	  enyergija
10.0.0.100 enyergija

is set up this way (well, some other aliases are there for localhost)
i susally get the ansewar ::1 for quries on other macines, as ipv6 is preferred, ans dnsmasq doen't localise those queries... this is unconvinient. is there a way to solve this? is there a waorkaround? Or it is waiting for someone to do the job...

Thanks for the replies

Yours sincerely,
Gergely Gábor <elentirmo.gilgalad at gmail.com>
--
 * random fortune:
"Confound these ancestors.... They've stolen our best ideas!"