[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq difficulty

L Forrister e1-7n32-h2qw-w2h3 at snugmail.com
Thu Mar 6 00:05:57 GMT 2008

Hi

I have just begun trying to configure dnsmasq, and am encountering a
problem.  I am also really new to Debian, so please bear with me.

I'm running Debian Etch.  The package manager installation of dnsmasq
v2.35-1 went fine. But it doesn't start at boot up.  Running it manually
in a root shell I'm getting the message

< dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket: Address already in use >

There's no other dns or dhcp daemons running, so I have no idea what
socket/address the message is referring to and even less which software
is creating the conflict.

Help!

Thanks
~~LF