[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq isn't happy when log file reaches 2GB?

Wayne Sherman wsherman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:16:23 GMT 2008

Simon Kelley wrote:

 > Looks like, on Linux, we need to open the file with O_LARGEFILE. From
 > "man 2 open":
 > I'll add the fix.

Are you sure you want to allow log files to grow without limit?  Without
  some kind of notification or error message, the log file could have
grown to fill up the entire partition.  I think a 2 gig limit is more
than reasonable for a log file limit.  If it gets that big, there is
likely something wrong or misconfigured anyway.

Regards,

Wayne Sherman