[Dnsmasq-discuss] two DNSMASQ server online

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Wed Apr 2 02:54:06 BST 2008

I have a unique setup. I have two private networks connected by a VPN
connection. Both private networks have DNSMASQ running (using DNS and
DHCP functionality).  I am finding that a client from network 1 will
receive IP address from DHCP server on network 2.

Besides ignoring MAC addresss from the other network, which makes it
difficult to keep up to date with wireless clients, that keep moving
around, is there a way to stop dhcp replies coming from the other
network?

To add a level complexity.  The DNS server built into dnsmasq need to
be able to reference each other, since clients on network 1 need to
know about clients on network 2. IP addresses have been assigned to
each network, so they don't overlap.

I don't know if this is something that dnsmasq can handle or if
someone else has come across this situation, and found a way to block
only DHCP requests to be transferred over the VPN connection?

Thank you

Philippe