[Dnsmasq-discuss] Returning the Right IP

Edson 4lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 18:20:56 BST 2008

Hi..

My home network is as such:

Internet <-> FW <-> LAN1
              \---> LAN2

On FW, among other things, there is a SVN server. I wanted to keep the same
name (svn.local) for LAN1 _and_ LAN2, so I declared on /etc/hosts two lines
like:

  <LAN1-IP> svn.local svn
  <LAN2-IP> svn.local svn

This two IPs are FW IPs. But when I run "host svn.local", I always get the
two IPs; not only the one concerned to the LAN where the query is runned.
This gives me many problems, since I have 50% of chance to use the wrong
one.

Can DNSMasq handle this situation? How?

Edson.
P.S.: I'm running OpenSUSE 10.2 and DNSMasq 2.41