[Dnsmasq-discuss] No space left in packet

Hans-Joachim Baader Hans-Joachim.Baader at cjt.de
Fri May 30 17:39:18 BST 2008

Hi,

> 1) BOOTP. If the client is BOOTP, dnsmasq takes a very strict view of
> what's allowed, the option space can only be 128 bytes, and no
> overloading of the hostname and filename fields is allowed. If your
> clients are BOOTP, that may be the problem.

yes, this was the problem. I considered changing the source code, but I
found another solution.

I solved the problem by changing the line

dhcp-option=43,09:0f:00:03:...

dhcp-option=43,09:0f:00:03:...
dhcp-option=bootp,43

Since this option is not needed for BOOTP this works fine.

Thanks to all who helped.
hjb