[Dnsmasq-discuss] Help Req: Name server discovery

Brandon Beck bmbeck at gmail.com
Sat May 31 22:07:59 BST 2008

Sorry I missed the "reply to all" button earlier.  BTW, I pointed you to
/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/resolvconf/*, not /etc/dhcpc/*.  The /etc/dhcpc
files are inputs to your dhcp client.  They most certainly won't have the
DNS server unless you're trying to configure the client to ignore the one
that comes from Time Warner's DHCP server.  The stuff in /etc/resolve.conf
is usually outputted by your dhcp client with the DNS servers that the DHCP
server told you to use.

Also, have you considered setting up your own local, caching DNS server?
In my searching earlier I came across socal.rr.com.  That may be closer to
you and thus faster than orange.rr.com.

Hope that helps some,
Brandon