[Dnsmasq-discuss] Help Req: Name server discovery

Paul Chambers bod at bod.org
Sun Jun 1 18:48:04 BST 2008

I find the DNS servers run by OpenDNS.org are pretty darn fast. They're
not much slower than the (fast) DNS servers provided by my (small local)
ISP. Perhaps you should give them a try?

This might be of interest:
http://home.bod.org/smokeping/?target=DNS

Obviously those are ping stats, not query times, and are from my home
(San Jose, CA) to these servers, YMMV. Though we have a high density of
'highly technical people' in silicon valley, too ;)

Paul