[Dnsmasq-discuss] 2 feature requests

gypsy gypsy at iswest.com
Tue Jun 3 05:56:55 BST 2008

Simon,

I've asked for this one before and it always falls on deaf ears, but
I'll try again:
1) Please provide a program, external to dnsmasq, that dumps and reloads
the cache.  I'm SO tired of my newsreader saying "Lookup took 20
seconds.  Use IP instead" trying to resolve my NNTP server, and for my
browser to say (for example) it can't find google.com.  GigaNews and
Google, for God's sake!

2) When logging "reply IP is DOMAIN.NAME", please say which server
replied.  In my struggle to get decent resolution, I have 18 "server=IP"
lines in dnsmasq.conf and it would really assist me in getting rid of
those that aren't replying to know from whom the first reply was
received.

Thanks for your consideration.
--
gypsy