[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq-2.43rc3 available.

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Jul 10 09:42:00 BST 2008

Hallo, Simon,

Du meintest am 10.07.08 zum Thema Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq-2.43rc3 available.:

>> When I start the new dnsmasq it works in another way than 2.41.

[...]

>> The files in the subdirectory overwrite the options in
>> "dnsmasq.conf" - it's a fine and simple way.
>>
>> But 2.43rc3 doesn't like duplicate options - and I may not change
>> the behaviour of 2.41.

> The intention of this was to prohibit configuration with undefined
> behaviour. There are some options (eg --server) which can be
> meaningfully repeated and some (eg --user) which can't.

2.43rc3 doesn't accept a second "expand hosts", and it doesn't accept a
second "filterwin2k".
Then I stopped the further examination ...

In a shell script the lines

        var1=abcde
        var1=12345
        var1=ab12e

lead to "var1=ab12e" - that's the behaviour of dnsmasq 2.41 too. It
simplifies working with included configuration files.

Please restore the old behaviour - thank you!

By the way: 2.43rc3 can recognise doublettes - it should be able to sort
these doublettes in another way than "allowed" or "not allowed".

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut