[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq rc5 segfault

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Mon Jul 14 20:12:08 BST 2008

Carlos Carvalho wrote:
>> Today dnsmasq died. It was the first time since I use it :-(
>>
>> In its log there's no sign of problems. The last entry is for a
>> DHCPNAK; it's the only such record with 2.43. The kernel log says
>>
>> Jul 11 14:27:38 hoggar dnsmasq[11797]: segfault at 10 ip 08061e91 sp bfffe770 error 4 in dnsmasq[8048000+22000]
>
> It died again today. Again, the last line in the log was a DHCPNAK:

Excellent! Please try out 2.44test1, in the usual place. But be
cautious, I've not been able to test it at all whilst at the end of a
cellphone link. I believe this fixes Carlos's problem, another I found
by inspection, and it also changes the random-port selection code. The
last change means that others using port randomisation could usefully test.

The DHCP bugs were introduced in 2.43 in the  RFC 5107
server-id-override stuff.

Details in changelog.