[Dnsmasq-discuss] new isp with new setup, how to change dnsmasq to accomodate

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Tue Jul 22 16:36:12 BST 2008

> 1) copies the new /etc/resolv.conf file to /etc/resolv.conf.dnsmasq
> 2) copies a static /etc/resolv.conf.perm to /etc/resolv.conf
> 3) sends dnsmasq a reload/reread config files instruction
> 4) if needed, reloads other network services that need to be
> restarted/reconfigured

> is there a another/better way to do what Im trying to do?

After studying man dhclient.conf I added the following to my
/etc/dhclient-eth0.conf:

supersede domain-name "morgan.local";
supersede domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1,208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220;
#OpenDNS

I think you can also use "prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1"

While not exactly the same as you had before, I think it gives the results
you want and should be easier than what you propose with an
dhclient-exit-hooks script.

Regards,

Brad