[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to disable Reverse-DNS to lookup for hostnames in DHCP Range

Michael Rack dnsmasq.list at michaelrack.de
Sun Jul 27 14:10:58 BST 2008

Hi list!

How to tell DNSMASQ to forward all querys to the upstrem-dns-server?

My DNSMASQ provides official IP-Addresses to my network via DHCP. While
a machine requests an ip-address, it authenticates against its own
hostname e.g. pc-michael.

A reverse DNS query inside of the network for a dynamic assigned
ip-address, results in the hostname the machine provides.

But the real hostname is not the machines-hostname, but rather thats the
upstream-dns-server provides.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Michael Rack