[Dnsmasq-discuss] mixup of tftp-root and boot filename

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Fri Aug 1 14:43:25 BST 2008

I have

tftp-root=/var/remoteboot

in dnsmasq.conf. For a machine I have in dhcp-options:

ometepe,vl5,67,"/tftpboot/pxelinux.0"

In the log there is

dnsmasq[16090]: sent size: 21 option: 67:bootfile-name  2f:74:66:74:70:62:6f:6f:74:2f:70:78:65...

Checking with the ascii table this looks correct. However, the client
says it cannot find /var/remoteboot/tftpboot/pxelinux.0. Removing the
tftp-root= setting in dnsmasq.conf makes the client get the correct
/tftpboot/pxelinux.0 so the problem seems to be in dnsmasq.

In a first look I didn't find any places where this concatenation
could happen. Note that the tftp server is not the machine running
dnsmasq in this case. The dnsmasq log shows no TFTP request but I
vaguely remember Simon saying that these are not logged.