[Dnsmasq-discuss] Bug in DNSMasq

John C. Meuser meuserj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 16:51:22 BST 2008

I found a small bug in DNSMasq.  I'm using dnsmasq at my company for
caching and resolving internal hosts.  One of the hosts is our
webserver, which has a lot of domains, so its hosts line is quite long.
I noticed that some of the hostnames weren't resolving, and through
trial and error discovered that the problem was with any name beyond the
1024'th character in the hosts line (as I said, it has a LOT of hosts).

Very simple workaround was to split the line into two, because DNSMasq
doesn't seem to care if you repeat IP addresses.  So it's not a huge
bug, but I thought you might want to be aware of it.

             John