[Dnsmasq-discuss] Vendor class not appearing..

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 17:50:55 BST 2008

B. Cook wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Other than log-dhcp what makes the entry  'Vendor class: ' appear in
> the logs?
>
> I am on test4 and I even tried test7.. I don't think that is it.
>
> I have one machine (core) that Vendor class shows up in the logs and
> another machine (ismiasm) that it does not..
>
> Not sure what I am missing..

Neither am I, as far as I can see, the message only ever gets logged
when --log-dhcp is set:

if (daemon->options & OPT_LOG_OPTS)
     {
       if (sanitise(option_find(mess, sz, OPTION_VENDOR_ID, 1),
           daemon->namebuff))
         my_syslog(LOG_INFO, _("Vendor class: %s"), daemon->namebuff);
       if (sanitise(option_find(mess, sz, OPTION_USER_CLASS, 1),
           daemon->namebuff))
         my_syslog(LOG_INFO, _("User class: %s"), daemon->namebuff);
     }