[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq ignoring some clients

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Oct 3 17:08:48 BST 2008

Chris Marget wrote:

> I've actually used 3 different linux builds from jailtime.org: debian,
> cenots and ubuntu.  They all behave the same way.  ...Well, dnsmasq
> silently ignores them anyway.
>
> In my envioronment, it's not all that big of a deal to have the ISC
> daemon around, only serving up addresses to clients using the xensource
> OUI.
>
> ...Though it feels a little bit dirty to have two "authoritative"
> servers on the LAN!

Chris,

Just to confirm my diagnosis, could you try

http://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/test-releases/dnsmasq-2.46test14.tar.gz

which skips the server-id check when --dhcp-authoritative is set. I'm
still trying to determine if this is a good idea, but it would be good
to confirm that it makes things work for you.