[Dnsmasq-discuss] localize-queries private ranges?

ED Fochler fochlere at mail.nih.gov
Fri Oct 3 18:11:47 BST 2008

I have multiple private vlans and public addresses being served from
dnsmasq.  Several of my machines have interfaces on multiple vlans.  I
have turned on localize queries.

Is there a way to set a default address range or some manner by which
I can mark address ranges private so that names from those ranges
don't go into the round-robin if a request comes from elsewhere for a
name that exists in that range?  Round-robin answers including private
addresses are intermittently causing me some problems.

These issues could be alleviated in the future with multiple domains
if I separate out my vlans by subdomain.  So I am interested in the
multiple domain support.  I think the naming issue may still exist for
a handful of machines even with multiple domains.

	Any thoughts are appreciated,

		ED.

fochlere at mail.nih.gov
NIA IRP NCTS