[Dnsmasq-discuss] samba and workgroups with dhcp

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 12:42:24 BST 2008

If you're set up as a domain controller, rather than plain workgroup
(and you are), then you need to forward dns requests for that domain
to the samba domain controller.  I think the needed dnsmasq
configuration option is "server".  You also need to make sure dnsmasq
is not filtering out Microsoft Networking requires, there's a
filterwin2k option or something like that which needs to be disabled.

Hope this helps.