[Dnsmasq-discuss] Incorrect broadcast address given

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 02:11:49 BST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM, OB Lutz <ob.lutz at gmail.com> wrote:
> My routing table:
> # route
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
> 192.168.8.224   *               255.255.255.224 U     0      0        0 br-lan
> 224.0.0.0       *               240.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 bmf0
>
> Nothing ambiguous there. olsr adds routes going out the wireless
> interfaces when appropriate. iptables just forwards olsr traffic
> between wireless interfaces. Routes are clearly defined

Not entirely sure, but I think your routing table is probably too
complex for the "route" tool to handle, since it didn't find a default
route or any external routes whatsoever.  Do you have the iproute2
toolkit, can you use "ip route show" instead of "route"?

Especially since you mentioned single-stepping through the dnsmasq
code that sets the broadcast address and it matching on multiple
iterations of the loop.  There's more going on than "route" is showing
you.