[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq-2.46 release candidate.

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Oct 21 08:21:15 BST 2008

Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> writes:

>             Update example config dhcp option 47, the previous
>             suggestion generated and illegal, zero-length,
>             option. Thanks to Matthias Andree for finding this.

I haven't looked at your release candidate (code & docs) yet. Unless
already there, perhaps there could be documentation saying something
along these lines:

Note that ISC dhcpd v3.0.X does not return this option at all if empty,
so you can leave it commented out if unneeded.

As far as I understand it from Samba documentation, this option is
supposed to override Windows registry information that is unset by
default anyways, and seems this is no longer present in current Samba
configuration examples...

--
Matthias Andree