[Dnsmasq-discuss] RFC: Split up the default configuration file

RevRagnarok DNSMasq at revragnarok.com
Tue Oct 21 20:59:29 BST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Rune Kock <rune.kock at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find that dnsmasq's configuration file can be somewhat intimidating
> for newbies.  There are quite a lot of options, but only a few of them
> are really needed for a typical newbie-setup.
>
> What about splitting the current dnsmasq.conf into 5 files:

In that case you may as well have an /etc/dnsmasq.conf.d/ subdirectory with
what you listed as possible names but other names being possible. That seems
to be the "new way" of having configuration files so that other packages can
drop their own configs into it without having to edit global files.

However, I personally only use the DNS masquerade, as it was originally
written for, so doesn't really matter too much to me. ;)

 Aaron