[Dnsmasq-discuss] deny access to lease

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gennetsa.com
Tue Nov 18 08:11:05 GMT 2008

Hello,
 For some specific application I needed to deny access to a MAC address
to a lease. For this reason I modified the dhcp-script behavior and is
called with an extra parameter "access" once a dhcp request or discover
is received. In that case if the exit code of the script is zero,
dnsmasq continues normally, and if non-zero the packet is ignored.

This was not added as a security feature but as a mean to handle
differently some addresses. It is also quite intrusive since it requires
changes in several other subsystems.

It attach the patch in case someone is interested.

regards,
Nikos