[Dnsmasq-discuss] linux, dnsmasq, and HD HomeRun

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 05:02:27 GMT 2008

You have no IP address configured on eth0.  It's totally useless for
connecting anything, let alone running a DHCP server, until you
configure that.

Since it seems you want the HDHR and wireless nodes to be in the same
IP block (and able to see each other?) you will need to set up
bridging.  Once you do that, the IP address is placed on the bridge
interface and enables connections through all interfaces that are part
of the bridge (would be eth0 and wlan0).